Learn JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) tutorial and example. Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) is an application programming interface (API) in Java programming language, which defines how a client may access a database.
It is a Java-based data access technology used for Java database connectivity. It is part of the Java Standard Edition platform, from Oracle Corporation. It provides methods to query and update data in a database and is oriented toward relational databases.
Prerequisite to learn JDBC
- Java Basics (including OOP, and Exception handling).
- SQL Basic Queries
- Introduction to JDBC
- JDBC vs ODBC drivers
- Different JDBC API version and features
- Different types of JDBC driver in Java
JDBC Java database connectivity Tutorial and Example
- Oracle Database JDBC Connection Example
- Coding standards for JDBC applications
- Best way to close JDBC connection object
- MySQL database connection in Java
- Database connection in Java using Eclipse IDE
- PostGreSQL database connection in Java
JDBC Statement and example
JDBC PreparedStatement and Examples
- Insert record using PreparedStatement in Java
- Update record using Java PreparedStatement
- Select record using PreparedStatement in Java
- JDBC create table using statements
- Preparedstatement Example
- JDBC program to insert with Surrogate Key
- Insert records into MySQL database in Java
- Select records from MySQL database table in Java
Subscribe our newsletter and follow on facebook page to receive the latest tutorial and programs to improve your programming skills.